We are proud to celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month through October 15!
A recent study found that Hispanic people working with a “patient navigator” were three times more likely to have access to a primary care clinic or provider.
Patient navigators do the following:
- host events to promote patient education
- enroll eligible people on insurance plans
- help people make medical appointments
- refer individuals to social services
- assist during the insurance renewal process
- help patients find a primary care clinic or provider
Patient navigators can be an important part of improving health care access and health outcomes for Hispanic Americans.