The Nisonger RRTC will study and report on the state of health care for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID/DD).
Papers published by the RRTC research team will address the following topics:
- Defining and Assessing Health
- Identifying Mental Health and Intellectual Disability
- Mental Health Treatment
Results of our studies will:
- Identify gaps in current knowledge
- Make recommendations to disability researchers and healthcare professionals
- Give individuals with ID/DD strategies to self-report their health status
- Share information on making healthcare accessible to individuals with ID/DD
- Discuss ways to engage individuals with ID/DD in participatory action research
Select publications will also be translated into clear language products. This page will be updated as the team publishes new papers.
- What does it mean to be healthy?
- How do we know if someone is healthy or not healthy?
- How many adults in the United States have ID?
- How many adults with ID have MH issues in the United States?